Something to learn…
Below are some contextual keys to unlocking the text:
- Keep in mind as you read this that “slavery” within Colossae at this time means something very different to modern day slavery.
- Also keep in mind that there is a mutuality being described between relationships described here. Paul is explaining what each role and responsibility within a christian household looks like when they follow Christ’s example of preferring the other over ourselves?
Something to talk about…
Read Col 3:17-4:1 out loud twice through using the ICB version to include children. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+3%3A17-4%3A1&version=ICB
- What do you like and find encouraging?
- What do you struggle with and find challenging?
- What do we learn about God?
- What are we going to take away to do?
A spiritual practise to try…
Something to do..
Pray for Rowena Worthington who shared about her work with Embrace the Middle East on Sunday morning.
Pray for our group leaders as they gather their communities together in ‘round table discussions’ to seek the Lord as we begin the quest for a new senior leader.
In what ways is God asking me to ‘step up’ this week?
For resources for kids follow the link: https://ajourneythroughcolossians.wordpress.com/2020/12/17/latimer-kids-resources/